Thursday, March 18, 2010

The magic stone – IV

I had almost forgotten the magic stone; it’s more than a year now that we met. But all of a sudden I woke up by dreaming about it and it was dark outside. As the short-lived morning chill is on the way back like a frightened cat on a motor way, it felt good to go out in a tee on the jogging track. The only question which was haunting me is why the stone came in my dream again after such a long time. I wasn’t sure where to find it even, just tried my luck like an experienced gambler and miraculously, I was lucky enough to find it at the same place!

‘Hey there’, I told little scornfully. It just looked at me, and kept on staring for few minutes. These minutes felt like never-ending, as if the Almighty is measuring my sins after death. Finally it broke the silence and asked me to sit. The wet feel of the grass made me feel comfortable. And then it started talking:

“I knew you’ll be back, but couldn’t think that could happen so quickly. It only proved the old saying - If you really love something, set it free. If it comes back, it’s yours! And remember those words from Kahlil Gibran –

It is wrong to think that love comes from long companionship and persevering courtship. Love is the offspring of spiritual affinity and unless that affinity is created in a moment, it will not be created for years or even generations.

“Just for this reason mate, we can breathe fresh air even today – and you’re here beside me.”

1 comment:

  1. Awesome Dude! Frankly speaking at first I was unable to feel your impulse...then after a quick browsing through your earlier three posts on the Magic Stone I turned speechless!Excellent juxtaposition of sheer romanticism and restrained emotion! Keep it up Ani. It really reminded me of a famous sequel by the master Romantic William Wordsworth... "Yarrow Visited" and "Yarrow Revisited"! Only one request, can you please provide a photograph of that Magic Stone...I would really love to see her!(forgive me, but my imagination has turned that Stone into a feminine gender with all the beauties and mysteries of a vivacious lady!) Congrats once again.

    ReplyDelete